We are focused on helping our clients work smarter, not harder. Scott is always searching for smart strategies that will allow his clients to enjoy the “Golden Third” of their years with more money, more security, and more peace of mind. He specializes in discovering unique tools and opportunities that other advisors may have overlooked or don’t understand, knowing that these will give his clients the edge they need to achieve a successful retirement—on their terms.
We're committed to providing you with the highest level of integrity, service, and confidentiality. We recognize that earning and keeping your trust is critical to your choosing us to handle your financial, estate planning, and advisory needs. We appreciate the confidence you place in us and promise to work hard to maintain that trust.
● J.D. magna cum laude, J. Reuben Clark Law School, Brigham Young University, Provo, UT 1979
● B.A. magna cum laude, Brigham Young University, Provo UT 1976
● Valedictorian, Central High School, Kirtland, NM
● Admitted to the bar: Florida 2000
● Admitted to the bar: Mississippi 1983
● Admitted to the bar: Texas 1981
● Admitted to the bar: Tennessee 1979
● Certified Financial Planner Designation, 1987
● Member, National Network of Estate Planning Attorneys, 1997-2014
● Licensed by the State of Florida: Life Insurance, Health Insurance, Annuities 2014
● Founder and President, Main Street Philanthropy, 2013
● Founder and President, Personal Asset Advisors, 2011
● Founder and Principal, Legacy Planning Associates, LLC, 2010
● Founder and President, SunBridge, Inc., 1999
● Estate Planning/Certified Financial Planning Practice, 1989-2010
● Vice President & Trust Officer, Trustmark National Bank, Brookhaven, MS, 1984-1989
● Assistant Professor of Business Law, University of Southern Mississippi, 1984-1985
● Associate Attorney, Rain Harrell Emery Young & Doke, Dallas, TX, 1980-1983
● Law Clerk to Honorable Paul H. Roney, United States Court of Appeals, St. Petersburg, FL 1980
● Staff Attorney, Tennessee Valley Authority, Knoxville, TN 1989
● “Innovator of the Year” Financial Advisor Magazine, 2007
● Author of Four Books:
- Puzzling Questions for Middle Income Families·
- Like a Library Burning: Saving and Sharing a Lifetime of
- Closing the Gap: A Revolutionary Approach to Client Services
- Double Your Sales: An Honest and Authentic Approach to
At Personal Asset Advisors, we're passionate about providing middle-income families with the financial advice and support they need. Scott Farnsworth, President of Personal Asset Advisors said, "In my life and career, I've devoted a lot of time and attention to high net worth families. I felt it was now time to give back by helping members of our Central Florida community make smart decisions about their retirement years. From Social Security, to long-term care, to insurance, to estate planning, I'm here to help you achieve your retirement goals -- on your terms!"
In addition to being an Estate Planning Attorney and Financial Advisor, Scott is also an expert in Social Security Retirement Maximization. His specific training in this field has taught him to identify and analyze several sophisticated but little-known Social Security claiming strategies. "The election of how and when to file for Social Security Retirement benefits is one of the biggest decisions faced by those at or near retirement. Unless retirees know all the facts and understand all their options, they will likely leave tens of thousands of dollars ─ or even hundreds of thousands of dollars ─ in lost benefits on the table. My mission is to stop that loss from happening.